First things first…Happy new year !
I swear it was the 1st of January like 30 seconds ago, and here it is almost mid-February!
Is it late to express my well wishes for the new year ? Well considering it’s the Chinese New Year, I guess it’s still appropriate. So I wish each one of you a soft, happy and prosperous 2021.
2020 has been a very difficult year for a lot of us. We’ve all experienced many losses brought by the terrible Coronavirus pandemic.
It’s been only a few weeks into 2021, and most of us are still experiencing grief and losses; losses of loved ones, of good health; jobs, incomes, opportunities and lifestyle. Most of us are now living through anxiety and uncertainties of getting back to normal. Or trying rather to imagine new ways of living in a Post Covid-19 world.
But let’s remain hopefully that better days are coming and we can soon put everything behind us and , go outside play with other kids again 🙂 !
What’s new and up-coming on the blog?
- A new interview feature called “In Conversation with” where I chat to women content creators and entrepreneurs. Read the first interview with travel blogger Tania from Kongo Travels here.
- Also, this year, you will read more commentary and analysis at the intersection of Pop Culture, Feminism and African/Black History.
- More French content will be uploaded in the French section for my French speaking fam.
2020 content in review:
My monthly musings:
A letter from the Editor with love. This monthly features reflects on the past month and set the tone for the coming one. Read :
Last year seemed like each minutes of every single day was packed with breaking news ranging from the pandemic crazy evolution, social unrest and protests worldwide, shocking celebrity deaths (Kobe Bryant etc.).
Sitting at home under lockdown, I decided to launch a weekly commentary blog to discuss and keep a tab on pop culture news, current affairs, social media conversation and trends, dance challenges that were exploding my TL.
Re-discover 2020 through House Of Nzinga lenses.
- In this inaugural post I reflect on the management of the pandemic in Africa
- The second instalment features Congolese designer Anifa Mvuemba who broke the internet with her 3D Fashion show
- Watch here the viral video of US congresswoman, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez brilliantly shutting down a misogynistic colleague.
- Chadwick Boseman untimely passing rocked that last week of August. Also “do African safari really want African tourists?” ask some media and the #JerusalemaDanceChallenge takes over the world.
- The last weeks of 2020 were marked by the US elections (Kamala Harris made history as the first woman VP in the Us history) and Donald Trump Shenanigans. But in all the madness, meet Elsa Majibo the social media revelation from Kenya who really won 2020.
Let’s get social, let’s connect!
Facebook page : https://web.facebook.com/houseofnzinga/
Portfolio : linktr.ee/PatriciaYumbaM